- Continuing to develop the proposed University Senate bylaws, projected to conclude a draft on Friday, Oct. 26.
- Distributing draft bylaws to college governance committees for use in review of college bylaws.
- Drafted consolidated ARSA policies 7.01 (academic leave), 7.06 (distinguished faculty titles), 7.25 (removal of faculty), 7.26 (suspension of faculty), and assisted with development of faculty development, promotion & tenure policies 7.13.1 (recruitment), 7.13.2 (appointment), 7.13.3 (classification), and 7.13.4 (faculty review and professional development).
- Both the Faculty Affairs and Academic Programs Workgroups have worked closely with the Faculty Governance Workgroup to ensure a good fit between the emergent faculty governance structure and processes, and policy draft documents.
- Working with other work teams to develop a consolidated policy library.
- Continuing to consolidate the ASU/GHSU catalogs.
- Testing the Banner Student Systems.
- Meeting regarding guidelines for dual programs.
- Working with consultant to begin development of GRU diploma.
- Submitted information concerning online applications for admissions for GRU to Xap.
- Incorporating ASU colleges into Faculty Reporting process.
- Continuing discussions on marketing and recruiting for GRU.
- Created process flow for admissions application processing for GRU.
Accreditation Support Work Team
- Developed full draft of Prospectus, facilitated review, and submitted to SACS in late September.
- Beginning work on the Substantive Change Report and future Site Visit
Strategic Planning Work Team
- Working with the Strategic Planning Council to draft and socialize the New U strategic plan.
Institutional Research Work Team
- Provided support for the data to be included in the Prospectus.
- Exploring reporting requirements across all both universities currently and planning for GRU.
Assessment Work Team
- Met with all ASU Deans and conducted 9 assessment workshops on both campuses where with approximately 60 participants.
- Set FY13 unit planning due dates for goals, tactics and expected outcomes as September 30, 2012.
- Working with Promotion & Tenure team to refine the purpose of the course evaluation so that appropriate questions can be determined.
- Reviewing Faculty Evaluation of Administrators differences between the two universities.
Faculty Credentialing Work Team
- Received all alternative justifications.
- Completing the data entry of all alternative justifications, run reports, load into Xitracs.
- Developing ongoing management process.
We are too early in the process to outline the specifics of the faculty awards process, but we do know that our combined mission will not be limited to health sciences, and many aspects of faculty contributions will be considered.