- ASU to host Fall 2012 Commencement at Christenberry Field House
- Single spring 2013 Commencement Event – Friday, May 10, 2013; 2:00 pm at the James Brown Arena is being planned.
- Regalia sub team has developed recommendations for the gowns, hoods, tam, tassels, etc. in consistency and agreement with standards from the Intercollegiate Regalia Costume Code as listed by the American Council on Education [ACE].
The following Commencement 2013 Plans were approved by the Consolidation Action Team:
- Event – Friday, May 10, 2013; 2:00 pm; James Brown Arena
- Single event representing all colleges for the date/time above
- Graduation fee – $52 per student / assessed upon application for graduation.
- Graduate Recognition – All students will walk across the stage and be recognized.
- Eligibilityto participate in Spring 2013:
- All undergraduate participants must have completed degree requirements during Spring 2013 semester to be eligible for participation.
- Fall 2012 and Summer 2013 undergraduate candidates will participate in prior or latter ceremonies respectively.
- Graduate and professional degree candidates will comply with current participation guidelines
- Guest Access
- A ticket will be required to enter the James Brown Arena.
- The arena will provide tickets and distribution will take place on the ASU and GHS campus. An on-line option will be developed for distance students.
- The number of tickets per graduate is initially 6. Once the initial deadline is passed, remaining tickets will be distributed on a limited, first-come first-served basis. Overflow and un-ticketed seating will be provided in the Bell Auditorium via closed circuit feed. The event will also be webcast.
- Honors, awards and individual recognitions
- All honors, awards and recognitions [ROTC commissions, valedictorians, scholarship winners, etc] will be conferred at the college specific event, and not at commencement.
- Distribution of diplomas – Students who have completed degree requirements can pick up their diploma on-site at the completion of the event.
How will the graduation ceremonies be handled for spring 2013? Will there be plans to have graduates from the two consolidated campuses graduate together, or will it be broken up?
We will have one consolidated exercise. The logistics are challenging, but students will graduate together.