Georgia Health Sciences and Augusta State Universities are one step closer to consolidation following a decision today from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. The regional accrediting body voted to approve the consolidation at its annual meeting in Dallas. The consolidated university will be named Georgia Regents University. Read more…
- Implemented a transition and joint appointment plan for IE staff and workload of both institutions. Two staff relocated from the Summerville campus to the Health Sciences campus on 10/19/12.
- Accreditation Support
- Received, reviewed and approved all alternative justifications for the Faculty Roster.
- Completed the Prospectus for the SACS COC. (9/26/12)
- Launching the 2nd phase of the SACS COC readiness project for the SACS Report & Visit. We anticipate that the report will be due in early July 2013 and the site visit will be conducted in early September 2013.
- Strategic Planning
- The Strategic Planning Council (chaired by Drs. Clark & Inscho) finalized a draft of the Transition Forward Strategic Plan. The Work Team (chaired by Ray Whiting & Joe Thornton) will review the plan in more detail with the academic, research & clinical leaders to prepare a draft that will be presented to the entire GRU community of faculty, staff, and students in January 2013. Feedback (through mid-February) will be incorporated for review by the Senior Leadership. The endorsement of our first Strategic Plan is necessary for FY14 Annual Unit planning cycle which begins in late March ’13.
- Institutional Research
- Coordinating IPEDS reporting for Fall ’12 and FY12 given that due dates for some of the sections fall into calendar year 2013 (after consolidation).
- Supported the data collection & aggregation for the Faculty Credentials roster included in the Prospectus.
- Managing multiple report requests of enrollment management and workforce for internal audiences.
- Traveled to Athens on 8/30 to meet with USG and other IR & operational unit reps (Registrars, Financial Aid Directors, Faculty Events staff) from the other institutions undergoing consolidation to discuss academic datamart reporting for the remainder of this academic year (AY12-13).
- DECISION: All institutions will report separately to the BOR for Fall ’12, Spring and Summary ’13.
- DECISION: Determined not to participate in the Delaware Study/The National Study of Instructional Costs and Productivity in Jan ’13 (for Fall ’11 faculty data & FY12 budget data). Recommendation: Review opportunity to participate in January ’15 for Fall ’13 and FY14.
- Received the majority of the FY13 unit planning goals, tactics and expected outcomes from both campuses.
- Transcribing the ASU academic programs’ Student Learning Objectives into Taskstream for the academic program coordinators’ review & submission of changes for Academic Year 2014.
- Scheduling a meeting in January with representatives from each College to design GRUA’s course evaluation process & standard questions which would be implemented in Fall ’13.
- Waiting for the faculty governance work team to recommend refinements to the Faculty Evaluation of Administrators process & instrument.
- DECISION: Determined that we would not participate in the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) survey until the Spring ’14. http://nsse.iub.edu/html/about.cfm
The Consolidation Working Group held a public meeting at 5 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 14 in the GHS Children’s Medical Center. The group is a 21-member committee appointed by University System of Georgia Chancellor Hank Huckaby to oversee the consolidation.
Following the Feb. 9th SACSCOC meeting, the decision was made that both institutions’ QEP programs would move forward and be funded as projects. There will be no QEP at the time of the consolidation. The new QEP for the consolidated university will created at the 5-year affirmation.