- Implemented a transition and joint appointment plan for IE staff and workload of both institutions. Two staff relocated from the Summerville campus to the Health Sciences campus on 10/19/12.
- Accreditation Support
- Received, reviewed and approved all alternative justifications for the Faculty Roster.
- Completed the Prospectus for the SACS COC. (9/26/12)
- Launching the 2nd phase of the SACS COC readiness project for the SACS Report & Visit. We anticipate that the report will be due in early July 2013 and the site visit will be conducted in early September 2013.
- Strategic Planning
- The Strategic Planning Council (chaired by Drs. Clark & Inscho) finalized a draft of the Transition Forward Strategic Plan. The Work Team (chaired by Ray Whiting & Joe Thornton) will review the plan in more detail with the academic, research & clinical leaders to prepare a draft that will be presented to the entire GRU community of faculty, staff, and students in January 2013. Feedback (through mid-February) will be incorporated for review by the Senior Leadership. The endorsement of our first Strategic Plan is necessary for FY14 Annual Unit planning cycle which begins in late March ’13.
- Institutional Research
- Coordinating IPEDS reporting for Fall ’12 and FY12 given that due dates for some of the sections fall into calendar year 2013 (after consolidation).
- Supported the data collection & aggregation for the Faculty Credentials roster included in the Prospectus.
- Managing multiple report requests of enrollment management and workforce for internal audiences.
- Traveled to Athens on 8/30 to meet with USG and other IR & operational unit reps (Registrars, Financial Aid Directors, Faculty Events staff) from the other institutions undergoing consolidation to discuss academic datamart reporting for the remainder of this academic year (AY12-13).
- DECISION: All institutions will report separately to the BOR for Fall ’12, Spring and Summary ’13.
- DECISION: Determined not to participate in the Delaware Study/The National Study of Instructional Costs and Productivity in Jan ’13 (for Fall ’11 faculty data & FY12 budget data). Recommendation: Review opportunity to participate in January ’15 for Fall ’13 and FY14.
- Received the majority of the FY13 unit planning goals, tactics and expected outcomes from both campuses.
- Transcribing the ASU academic programs’ Student Learning Objectives into Taskstream for the academic program coordinators’ review & submission of changes for Academic Year 2014.
- Scheduling a meeting in January with representatives from each College to design GRUA’s course evaluation process & standard questions which would be implemented in Fall ’13.
- Waiting for the faculty governance work team to recommend refinements to the Faculty Evaluation of Administrators process & instrument.
- DECISION: Determined that we would not participate in the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) survey until the Spring ’14. http://nsse.iub.edu/html/about.cfm
Accreditation Support Work Team
- Developed full draft of Prospectus, facilitated review, and submitted to SACS in late September.
- Beginning work on the Substantive Change Report and future Site Visit
Strategic Planning Work Team
- Working with the Strategic Planning Council to draft and socialize the New U strategic plan.
Institutional Research Work Team
- Provided support for the data to be included in the Prospectus.
- Exploring reporting requirements across all both universities currently and planning for GRU.
Assessment Work Team
- Met with all ASU Deans and conducted 9 assessment workshops on both campuses where with approximately 60 participants.
- Set FY13 unit planning due dates for goals, tactics and expected outcomes as September 30, 2012.
- Working with Promotion & Tenure team to refine the purpose of the course evaluation so that appropriate questions can be determined.
- Reviewing Faculty Evaluation of Administrators differences between the two universities.
Faculty Credentialing Work Team
- Received all alternative justifications.
- Completing the data entry of all alternative justifications, run reports, load into Xitracs.
- Developing ongoing management process.
A Consolidation Strategic Planning Council was formed to develop a strategic plan for the new university. Following is the composition and membership.
- Dr. Charles (Skip) Clark, Dean, Katherine Reese Pamplin College of Arts & Sciences
- Dr. Edward Inscho, Dean, School of Graduate Studies
- Dr. Lucy Marion, Dean, School of Nursing
- Dr. Mark Miller, Dean, Hull College of Business
- Dr. Andrew Ballas, Dean, School of Allied Health
- Dr. Lucinda Chance, Dean College of Education
- Dr. Richard Callan, School of Dentistry
- Dr. Alan MacTaggart, Chair, Department of Art
- Dr. Julian Nussbaum, School of Medicine
- Dr. Lillie Johnson, Chair, Department of English & F.L.
- Dr. Kevin Frazier, other
- Dr. Wendy Turner, IE Unit Planing Specialist
- Shawn Vincent, Director Network Development
- Dr. Sam Robinson, Chair Mathematics & Computer Science
- Steven Scott, COO, MCGHI
- Dr. Cathy Tugmon, Professor Biology
- Phil Howard, Facilities, GHSU
- Mickey Williford, Director of Accreditation
- Mary Filpus-Luyckx, Director of Institutional Research
- Mr. Cobbs Nixon, Representative from MCGHS Board
- Dr. Bill Reese, Professor Sociology, Criminal Justice, and Social Work
- Charles Enicks, Information Technology
- Dr. Deborah Richardson, Director, Center for Teaching & Learning
- Susan Barcus, Sr. VP Advancement & Community Relations/CDO
- Ms. Helen Hendee, VP for Development and Alumni Relations
- Dr. Roman Cibirka, VP Instruction and Enrollment
- Ms. Katherine Sweeney, Director of Admissions & Registrar
- Dr. Judi Wilson, Chair, Teacher Education